Thursday, May 14, 2009

He's Still Fightin' Them Fires!


Coincidentally, Dillon and I had lunch today. I was in Manhattan early and decided to treat myself to lunch at my favorite restaurant, Blossom. It's a vegan place across from Zingone's, the market we've shopped at for the past 43 years, near 82nd and Columbus. As I was entering, I spotted Dillon finishing his repast at the bar. The server motioned for me to sit at the next seat. After I finished eating, I headed to my office.

And then, as it happens, I saw his car again... only this time, it wasn't the blue sedan from last week. It was a maroon Sable, parked in front of the same hydrant right outside his apartment building. This time I was parked just up the block. He could easily have snagged a legal spot: the street cleaning sign requires people to keep cars off that side of the block till 12:30, or a few minutes before I saw him.

Maybe next time I'll sit with him in his car and have take-out while we wait till 12:30 so we can leave the car in a legal spot. Yeah, that'll happen.

No comments: