Saturday, May 10, 2008

One Smart Man, He Felt Smart

It's adorable!

My Smart Car is now resting comfortably in the driveway after its trip home from Manhattan. Maeve and I took the bus into The City yesterday in time to sign a few papers and then head to my mom's in the new car. Maeve loves the car and was happy to be the first person to set foot inside it (as well as being its first passenger). Driving it in Manhattan is a bit odd, partly because the engine shifts gears in a manner that is slower and hurky-jurky compared with a normal automatic. This is because the engine is a sort of manual / automatic amalgam. It takes a bit of getting used to.

On the highway, I occasionally found that we were really speeding. I usually set by Aztek's cruise control at 60 or 65 mph, but the tiny Smart doesn't have this feature, so I will have to be more conscious oft speed; yesterday I hit 80 mph a few times.

The car has garnered many admiring glances in town so far. As far as I know, of is the only Smart Car residing in the Noop. I even took of to a fire call last night. Luckily it's large enough to hold my fireman gear, but to fit my unicycle, I'll have to put down the passenger seat or buy an attachment made for carrying bikes.

And yes, parking it is going to be a breeze!

No comments: