Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Mountain (Unicycle) Man

I decided to give mountain unicycling another go. I had tried it when we first moved here -- our 'backyard' was the excuse for me to buy a different unicycle -- but I hadn't gone riding in our woods in over a year. It was time to suit up. Here is a picture of me in all of my gear, minus the 'me.' I'm wearing a helmet (to protect the noggin), sunglasses (eyes), gloves (wrists), leg armor (shins and knees), ankle protectors (duh), and a fanny-pack water system (lower back).

I chose a spot at the top of a nearby hill and decided on a few different 'lines' that I would try. It took me a few tries to make it from the big tree to the thin stump. Several minutes and a few attempts later, I'd made it from the stump to a steep slope. I only needed a few practice runs in order to make it down that slope. Then I was ready to put it all together, and within two or three tries, I'd made it all the way from A to Z.

I'm looking forward to muni'ing again tomorrow.

No comments: