Monday, September 11, 2006

How to Buy a Wheelbarrow

I bought a wheelbarrow this morning. I liked the way this one works, especially the fact that it has two wheels rather than one, which makes it easier to lug behind me as I walk up our long driveway carrying stones, wood, or whatever. The only problem is that it’s not as hardy as I expected. It was too mild a wheelbarrow to withstand the weight of all the stones I was trying to lug up the hill; I would have needed one of the unicycle-type wheelbarrows for that! This one is apparently better suited for big piles of dirt, weeds, and other light stuff like mulch.

How much you buy? How much you buy? I figured it would cost about $50, give or take a sawbuck. Shirra figured the same, when I asked her later. Nope. It was just over $200 with tax!

No comments: