Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Favorite Parking Spot Yet

I was in a rush this afternoon, but I didn't fret. After all, this is a Smart we're talking about.

I pulled onto my student's block and immediately found a spot -- right in front! At first I wasn't sure I'd fit, but when I drove beside the tiny space, I could see that my even tinier car would fit in nicely. I only had to move the car back and forth a few times to park it; the Smart Car's turning radius is quite small, allowing it to squeeze into the smallest spaces with relative ease.

After I left my student, I had to quickly find a place to park near my mom's building. Sho'nuff, there were TWO spots just large enough for a Smart Car but not for anything else (except a motorcycle!). I took the one across from my mom's. The other place was the gap her doormen always leave in front of the building for residents getting into and out of a car or taxi.

One of these days, I'm going to have to use that spot, and the doormen aren't going to like it....

No comments: